Grandma and Granpa with Collin and Shawn in April 2009
As the mourning process begins, several memories pop to my mind about her life that left an imprint on mine. Most of the memories are meaningless to others, but to me they are special moments I can cherish as she leaves us and goes on to a life in heaven.
One memory to share, that many of us grandchildren may share, is decorating cookies with Grandma. When I was very young (around 5) I remember going to Grandma's house and decorating cookies. Now, when I say decorating, Grandma had the works to do it; different colored frosting, sprinkles or anything else you can think of. I always think of this when we make decorated cookies at home. This past July, our family traveled to Florida to see my grandparents and enjoy the beach (something I am so glad we were able to do). Grandma had all the things for Collin and Shawn to decorate cookies for the Fourth of July (Micah and I also were able to decorate cookies as well). This may be a little thing that I hold on to about my grandmother but it is something that reminds me of the little things having the most meaning to us as we move forward in our lives without her.
Grandma, we love you and will all miss you.
Grandma and Collin February 2005
(This is one of my favorite pictures of Grandma - it was so funny at the moment I took it)
Kim - This is such a beautiful tribute to Grandma. I know she would have loved it. Making cookies will always be some of my most favorite memories with her too. I'm so glad the boys had the opportunity to have that experience with her as well. Thank you for posting this. Love you guys!
ReplyDeleteKim - I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. I know you had a close relationship with her and she will be missed greatly by your family. You're in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma. We are praying for you! Love You!
ReplyDelete