It is Sunday morning and we are getting ready for church. I am doing my hair and Micah is in the shower. Collin is picking out games for us to play and we assumed Shawn was downstairs playing with his animals (mostly being frogs today).
All of the sudden Shawn is running upstairs telling me that he found a frog in the garden and it went under the bricks. I asked him if he went outside, which he responded yes. He was then given a time out for going out by himself. But then I asked him about the frog. Was it a real frog or a toy frog. He said it was outside hopping. So since I was done, we went downstairs and outside to see his frog. He led me right to the garden and bent over to look under the lip of the wood border. "I see him, he is black and white." I saw nothing. I got a stick and poked it under the board and sure enough, out pops a toad. Shawn started jumping and yelling with delight "He is hopping!" I caught the small little toad. Of course Shawn had his bug box ready and we put him in to show Collin and Daddy.
He was so excited to have found a real "frog" in the yard. Once everyone was outside, he took it out and held him and carried him back to the garden. He named the toad Madison, after Kirk and Betsy's dog. He would let the toad go and recapture him just one more time several times,
Shawn's love for animals is very strong. He loves frogs so much. I guess we have to talk to him about going outside by himself a little more...
No comments:
Post a Comment